Do you see what I'm doing in this picture? I'm running after Sam. That is how I run, I run after something or from something. I don't run just to be running.Well I bring up running because my wonderful sister Deidra has decided for her 40th birthday she wants us to all run a road race together. Great idea, and great fun for her. She has been running for pleasure and competition as long as I can remember.
So being the sport I am, I'm gonna run this race. My husband is a runner. My closest friend here is a runner. Her husband is a runner. There are lots of runners around me. Well, today I decide I'm going to go run with my husband, or I should say run really far behind my husband, because as he informed me today he is up to a good paced 4 mile run.
HUH!! What a disaster. While I start out on my journey, my knees crick and crack and ache, then the farther I go my lungs start burning and then comes the cramp in my side. I'm only 4 minutes in people. So I push through and do the run, walk, run, walk and make it back to my office (I never saw the back of Mick again after the one minute mark). So I'm sweating like a big dog and out of breath and come back in and all that I realize is that I still hate running.
So, maybe I will try again in a few days or maybe I will be doing the fast hip sashe speed walk for that race.
Or better yet, do you think they will let me enter the tot race and I can run with Ben and Sam?



1 comments:
Go on girl, with ya bad self!!
I know you can do it, just like everything else you set your mind to! I'll be rooting for you and I'm so proud!
Remember...there is nothing wrong with a lil' sashe in ya stride;)
Post a Comment