Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My birthday boy


This year for Ben's birthday, we had a party at the bowling alley. Well.....it was great fun but loud and crazy, and possibly better for a few years older kind of crowd. Like I should have waited until 8 years old or so. BUT, we did it and it was fun, and I have the LAMEST pictures of a birthday party ever, so I hope his memory serves him and mine serves me. Mom and I were consumed with keeping the non-bowlers off the alley and the bowlers that were up, bowling. Well Sam and Micah were there reaking havoc and got the whole party running at full blast and sliding on the slippery floors until.............Isaac found the flourescent room and started a dance party. Am I doing this party justice? No structure, utter chaos! Fun but I will stick with the my house/Mimi's house birthday party for the next few years.


This is the cutest picture of the day. Ben and his BFF from school, Bradley.

This is me pretending to light the candles that I forgot! How lame is that!! Has anyone ever done that?



A close"r" shot of Ben!!




Look at him. That was 4 years ago. It seems like yesterday. Ben turned 6 and I'm having a hard time with it. Where does the time go? I wish that life would slow down or maybe that I COULD slow down some. He is becoming so independent and he seems so mature. He is very, very special to me. I'm starting to sense some of the pulling away that I think boys do from time to time. A need for their independence and having to show it. I am no longer capable, on certain days, of knowing how to spell certain words or interpret notes from school or how to do his homework without being questioned. I have to convince him that I know I'm right sometimes, that I actually passed kindergarten and I went all the way through the 12th grade!!!! But he loves me dearly no matter how dumb I am and I see it in his eyes even when he doubts me!! AGGHHHHHH! Growing pains for me and him! Can I get a boo-hoo?????




1 comments:

Lulucarrot said...

I remember that picture was proof that Ben loved Sam because Woody was a sacred and beloved person in that house!