Wednesday, November 14, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMERS!!


Tomorrow is my sweet Sam's birthday and we have been talking about it a lot lately. Mainly about how he wants Transformers. He wants Optimus Prime and Bumblebee and Decepticons and Autobots, do you know them? I do now and we haven't even seen the movie. And he is also going to turn seven after he turns four because he will say anything to one up Ben, in which Ben then turns 12 and well, you get the picture, they are 50 before we even drop Ben off at school. For their birthdays we always look through their baby books and talk about the day they were born and all the stages and the funny things they used to do. They always get a kick out of it.
Well, Sam's birthday is not shaping up to be the best for him. We have a soccer party for Ben's team tomorrow night, and I have a depo tomorrow that will make me miss out on going to his class for the cupcake party with his friends. (Mick is jumping in on it though, thanks honey, you're the best). And today couldn't be the all-about-Sam day because I was gone before he even woke up for a depo then I had another one tonight so I was basically away from him the whole day with the exception of a few hours. But do you know what I saw when I came home tonight? Sam had his baby book out on his bed wide open from where he had been looking through it. He knows his birthday is tomorrow and going through his baby book is so important and hilarious to him. It melted my heart because we have not even mentioned the baby book with the anticipation of this birthday. It gave me such hope that my kids will care less about what toys they had growing up and more about traditions and memories that we create together. It may not always be like this, but I have to say that is one of my favorite sights to date. It's the little things, right?
For all the complaining that I have done about Sam being curious, and stubborn and his spectacular ability to tune me out......he can melt your heart and have you in his palm and you never even knew it was happening. And heaven forbid if you get the smile and the wave to boot, you'll be done for, at least I am.

I LOVE YOU SAMMERS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
P.S. I'm sure his traditional anything you want birthday breakfast is going to be lots of candy, maybe a pancake and some milk. It's okay one day a year right?

1 comments:

Miguel said...

Sammers is the best! I hope he had a great birthday!