Wednesday, November 28, 2007

THANKSGIVING

This Thanksgiving was a great time! We stayed in Columbus. Mick was off, SHOCK! And the Dryden family came to Mimi's for a combined Thanksgiving dinner. I really enjoyed it and I think everyone else did as well. I think it must have been really cool for Brent (the Drydens are his first family, we are his second, and by the way, said Brent is Deidra's husband, in case you didn't know). Stay with me! LOL! Donna, Bren'ts mom, made these delicious Orange rolls and now I know why Brent and his dad kept circling by that bowl, they were awesome.


This is Deidra's traditional rice Krispie turkey. All the kids made feathers and wrote what they were thankful for on them. Ben said Buzz and Woody, not a real surprise there, he's loved them since he was two and called them "uzz and oody", those are also his Webkinz's pets names, it's a natural tendency and with a game cube and Jack and Will in town, there was going to be no thought put into his feathers. Sam said Mimi's stairs, Will, and movies.
Brent and his dad Dave
Uncle Will, Papaw, and Mick.
Ben eating on the sun porch.
Now...............the above pictures are "mens thanksgiving" including eating and watching the big screen, I'm almost positive it was football and the below are the women.
OOOH JAB!

So we, the women, take the kids to "Fantasy in Lights" at Callaway Gardens. Mimi, Dedge and I love a good light show and what kids don't love them too? Well, let's just say for the record the day started out at 68 degrees and we had to be at 30 by the time we got off of the trolley. BRRRRR, we were not that prepared! The wind was ripping!!!!Elle 'choking' Jack. They are so funny together! I love these kids!
Mimi and Sophie. Maybe they caught some fumes from the people in the front of our trolley who seemed to be REAL happy. They would get right up on the people working the trail and give a countdown and scream, MERRY CHRISTMAS, right when they got up on them and scare the living christmas lights out of them. It was hilarious. They were great entertainment for us. We enjoyed singing Christmas carols with them.
Poinsiettas
Little soldiers

Elle, Ben and Jack
Will and Ben in the snowflakes. And the hot chocolate mugs that were $5.50 a piece. They know how to work nostalgia there!
Sadie and Dedge, I think Sadie was saying, "Arrrrggghhhh"

Me and Ben. "I'll choke a kid". (for those of you who know)

1 comments:

Griffin Zoo said...

leanna, these are so cute. miss you all.
beth