So this is a replica of the face for the story I'm about to tell. It's about me pushing the limit. So we try to eat healthy, we really do and my boys love salad. In fact, Sam only eats raw vegetables, he does not like them cooked. He comes and grabs whatever is being chopped right off of the cutting board, whether it be purple onion or avocado, he just loves some fresh veggies and fruits. Well Ben is a bit more picky than Sam. We have worked him up to several new fresh vegetables in his salad. I LOVE sprouts. And if they have broccoli sprouts, it's even better because they are PACKED with calcium. Well I snuck some in Ben's salad Tuesday night, he's not a fan, so I hid them at the bottom. He noticed them and told me he didn't really like them but he ate a big mouthful. So what do I do? I put them in again on Wednesday. He doesn't complain about spinach, green pepper or carrots in his salad, so why couldn't I just leave well enough alone? Well probably because I'm ME?! So when he discovered his sprouts last night he looked at me (with above replica face) and said, "Mom, seriously, I'm GONNA quit eating salad if you don't quit putting sprouts in it!" So I said, "okay okay, I'm sorry, I won't do it again!" And I won't.





1 comments:
Hey! So funny story! I went to a stand-up comedy show this past weekend. They made a joke about how girls love eating salads, but they made it sound like we only like veggies to look good in front of men and live the stereotype. But! I really do love salads. But, I agree with Ben. I don't like sprouts either. Mom even had me do a science fair project on how they grow best, and I still never learned to love them!
Post a Comment