Thursday, January 07, 2010

Christmas



Sam's year to put the star on, pretty soon, Mick will not be able to lift them and we will import a ladder!


Star Wars FREAK!

serious



love woody and buzz!

chillin with the legos



it's the whole 'round-up' gang



Breakfast chef at our new table!!


Christmas at our house this year was GREAT! I love a minimal Christmas because my kids have too much stuff and I'm not a fan of stuff. In fact I'm the opposite of a hoarder, but that's a-whole-nother post. ahem!! Back to Christmas.......what I LOVE about this Christmas is like my own Christmas story. When Ben was 2, he LOVED Toy Story. So for that Christmas he got a Buzz and a Woody and he couldn't exactly say it right, so they were forever, "oody" and "uzz". He wouldn't open any other gifts that year, he just kept saying "mama, I aawnt oody, mama I aawnt uzz. Open mama!" Like a broken record!!


Well with the anticipation of Toy Story 3 coming out, they had a double feature here of Toy Story 1 and 2, so OF COURSE, we had to go see it. And it was fabulous.


A few weeks after the movie we went to make Christmas lists of what the boys wanted. Well Ben picked a lot of Toy Story stuff, in fact, 99% of his list was Toy Story. I wondered if he had outgrown it and would be disappointed in just those toys for Christmas.


Well I LOVED hearing him Christmas morning in his room playing with his Woody and Buzz. For some reason it made me feel like I still have him for a few more years before he grows out of his little boy stuff and only wants games, electronics and sports equipment. I'm very thankful for my little boy that loves 'oody' and 'uzz', that was the best Christmas gift of all this year. Besides my smart wool socks of course:)













1 comments:

CarrieAnn said...

And you know what Ben told Grandma Donna when she asked him what he got for Christmas? "I got a Woody!" It certainly cracked us up here in Two Harbors!