I am officially in a great mood today and I feel the need to share with you why I am in a good mood. My cousin Hillary loves southern sayings, so while I was posting a comment to her blog, I thought I would give her a good one about how beautiful her children are, so I went searching for some southern sayings on the Internet. Well I came up with "her kids were pertier than a glob of butter melting on a stack of pancakes". Cute I know. BUT there were some sayings that were too hilarious to pass by.
These are for my friends and family that once were here and now are gone (that would be everyone but Becca, me and mom). My friends up north that truly believe they should have been born and raised here (Tannis). And for my in-laws that probably still scratch their heads trying to figure me out. LOL!
Now if you can, you need to picture some little old ladies together, and OF COURSE, they do not mean harm or foul when sayings are worded like these, they are just making statements and blessing their hearts!
- He thinks the sun comes up just to hear him crow
- If you don't stop I'll knock you in the head and tell God you died.
- You're lyin' like a no-legged dog!
- She could make a preacher cuss!
- Heck, she could even depress the devil.
- You could start an argument in an empty house.
- He'd gripe with a ham under each arm.
- That boy's more slippery than snot on a glass doorknob.
- Why don't you just take a long walk off a short pier.
- He's about as handy as a back pocket on a shirt!
- She's so clumsy she could trip over a cordless phone!
- He's about as useful as a pogo stick in quicksand.
- If his brains were dynamite, he couldn't blow his nose!
- He's so dumb he could throw himself on the ground and miss.
- She's acting crazier than a sprayed roach!
- He's so rich, he buys a new boat each time one gets wet.
- He doesn't have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out.
- It's cold enough to freeze the balls off a pool table.
- He squeezes a quarter so tight the eagle screams
- He's uglier than the east end of a horse headed west.
- He looks like something the dog's been keepin under the porch.
- She's so ugly I'd hire her to haunt a house.
- If I had a dog as ugly as him, I'd shave his butt and make him walk backwards.
I love yall!!



3 comments:
GOOD LAWD THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!
Perfect for some Friday laughs!
I can't wait to use "he'd gripe with a ham under each arm!!!"
Maybe I'll catch Sissy with it for sure!
girl...she's acting crazier than a sprayed cockroach! I love it!!!
HAPPY FRIDAY TO YOU! LOVE!
Hey, What a way to start the day! So funny, you know how much I miss it. I am cracking up remembering erica and I getting mad and telling each other to take a long walk off a short pier, i've said that probably 100 times. brando's new favorite is that I could start an arguement in an empty house. I also love of course that if you preface anything with "Bless his/her heart" you can say whatever the heck you want! Thanks for the laugh! Love you and miss you lots!
I think I like the first one. Gary thinks the sun comes up to hear him crow.
I personally like "Who pissed in your cheerios this morning"
Love you! Caro does still sound like a pterodactyl (seriously I know you have boys because you could spell that) and she is getting nicer. She'd probably point at you now. We will find out in the spring. Mom is driving out here in feb. Yal'l come with her and we will all go to DisneyLand.
Post a Comment