Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mick's the Man!

I just wanted to give a special Father's Day shout-out to my baby daddy, Debo, aka Mick.

All jokes aside, I'm so grateful for the man that I married and the wonderful things he has done and continues to do for our children. They absolutely adore their father and he is sooooooo good playing with them and doing fun things. I suck at 'playing' but he can make up 4 different games using a ball and a shoestring. (Now part of that is because is he is a big kid himself)

He takes them bike riding, swimming and then to hit golf balls all in one day, then cooks dinner and leaves me a plate on the stove when I don't make it home from work on time. He moves all the furniture in the back room and pulls up the carpet twice a day so that they boys can play 'hockey'. He makes many sacrifices to give our children sooo much, things that will NEVER have monetary value, but that he and the boys will reap the benefits of for the rest of their lives.

I used to always say that I can't wait to have 50 years under our belt but I just realized a couple of days ago that one lifetime with him will not be enough for me!!!

I love you Mick, thanks for being such an awesome father!!

2 comments:

Hillybug said...

this was very sweet to read! he is lucky to have scored a woman like you too i must say!

Lulucarrot said...

I like Mick too. I love that he makes you dinner, awwwwww!