I have to rant for a second. Why can't I sleep right???? For the past what feels like a year, but really it's been a couple of nights. I wake up in the middle of the night. Usually about 3 AM. And I'm WIDE awake, not just roused from sleep. So I get up and go potty, get a drink of water, look in on the boys, get back in bed. I try very hard to go back to sleep. What is wrong? I've NEVER had a problem sleeping, anywhere. And I try so hard to go back to sleep because I know that in 3 very short hours, someone will need me or want me and it will be time for me to get up.
This morning was the worst. Here is a play by play of my night.
10:30 PM--in bed, fast asleep, all is well
3:00 AM-- the not so magic hours stirs me
3:05 AM--guess I'll get up and go to the bathroom
3:07 AM--Hi Lucy, pat, pat
3:10 AM--drink of water by the bed
3:11 AM--get back in bed, toss, turn, toss, turn, toss, turn
4:00 AM--look at the clock. DANG IT!! think to myself, why can't I sleep?
4:45 AM--forget it, I'm gonna wake Mick up if I don't quit tossing and turning.
4:46 AM--Grab pillow, watch and water, go out to couch, watch TV
5:45 AM--turn off TV, feel like I'm ready to sleep and I do, BUT
6:00 AM--"MOM!! MOM!!! I need you to blow my nose!!" says Sam
6:01 AM--grab "tinnisue" go in boys room, blow Sam's nose
6:03 AM--get back on couch, asleep again, YES!!
6:20 AM--alarm on my watch goes off because this is when I get up to do yoga
6:20 AM--turn off alarm, grab pillow, go back to my bed to sleep
6:21 AM--asleep, YES!
6:35 AM--Sam comes to my side of the bed, "Mom, I need to tell you a secret", "Can we go to Mimi's today?", Mom says, "I don't know Sam go on your Dad's side and ask him."
6:40 AM--Sam crawls in bed, whispers to himself and pulls my hair.
6:40 AM--I say, "Sam please be quiet or go back to your bed"
6:41 AM--Mick gets up, grabs his pillow, goes to Sam's bed
6:52 AM--I think I went back to sleep somewhere in here
7:30 AM--Ben says, "Mom, I'm hungry", Crap, I'm gonna be late for work!!!
So I jump up panicky, run to kitchen, fix breakfast, find some clothes, scream at Mick, brush my teeth and run out the door.
This is NOT my idea of a 'good way to start your day'!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!! But I guess what is upsetting me is that it must be that I'm getting OLD. Old people don't sleep right, you know??? So as I'm telling my boss about my night, he says, yeah, I'm sorry but you're getting old, that's really what it is.
THANKS TIPS!
9 years ago



2 comments:
Have you tried Meletonin yet?
I'm gonna send you some herb capsuls that I just LOVE! It's a mix of valerian root and b vitamins. Really helps!
Post a Comment