This is going to be a hard post to get through. My sister's much loved Golden Retriever, "Shuug", like sugar, died last week. It was so hard on their family. It's heartbreaking to hear my sister talk about her last days and how the kids reacted and to hear how much it hurt her.
Then last night I learned that Malinko, Lucy's brother, has cancer. Poor, sweet dogs. They do nothing but love, love, love their families. ALWAYS happy to see you. They put up with children coming in the house after they have been the center of attention for years and accept their tails and ears being tugged on, being climbed on, slobbered on, etc., all the while waiting patiently for their turn for affection from us because they realize that we have "new" priorities.
Before we had children our dogs were our lives, hence the birthday parties. Yes, we actually had birthday parties for them!! We love these dogs and I'm sad for Elsa and Ryan and the whole Dryden family. Malinko may be fine and I really hope he is but it seems there may be a real sickness in his body. It may be unstoppable. I just wanted to give him the limelight for a minute and tell him that Lucy and our family love him dearly and hope that he'll be okay. 







9 years ago



5 comments:
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
This is such a heartbreaker to read, but in the same sense it brings me the lil' bit of joy that I need for the moment.(I keep coming back for a tear and a smile);)
I love you and the unconventional family that we are so much!
I am so sorry to hear about the doggies. :( I hope that all goes well with Malinko (did I spell that right?) I really miss you, Leanna. Speaking of time just rollin past...remember when you used to paint our faces at Granny and Papa's? We always had so much fun. Jonathan and I will be coming home this summer, so I'm hoping we can all get together. love you
Thanks for the post Leanna. We are still so sad without our Shug. We went to see her grave today out at out the land. It was kind of tough. She is buried under a tree that we have decided to call the Sugar Pop Tree. We were sad all over again but happy we were blessed with such a sweet dog. She was so patient and humble.
I am so glad that Malinko is doing better.
I love you,
D
We were so sad to hear about Sugar butts as Mike called her. She was just such a great dog. There can't be anything better than a patient Golden Retriever to pet. I hope Malinko is okay. She is so pretty.
OMG - I am in tears. I remember the days of having the dogs at the TAP and it really takes me back to all that has changed and the way we have all changed since then. Poor Blue has really suffered since our boys came along. It crushes me if I allow myself to go there. Peace be with you Malinko.
Post a Comment