Monday, July 16, 2007

UPDATE

It's been a while. I know that I have a pattern of posting 10 things and then nothing for months. So sorry. We are pretty boring right now. One momentous occasion was Mick and I celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 9 years. We didn't do anything super duper, but we did take advantage of a weekend get-a-away for Mick's softball team at the Police and Fire games. We went last year and Ben ended up with stitches so we left the kids behind this time against my will but I'm so glad that we did. I had so much fun with my husband. It was Mick and Leanna, not mom and dad. We got to talk, not kids-nearby-talk but just talk. That was so much fun. And we flirted a little bit too. It was so awesome to look at us and go, oh yeah!! It's us! I remember. Without getting too mushy I will just say that I'm a very lucky woman and I look forward to the rest of my life with him.
The boys are crazy as ever. Ben is going to be a computer nerd. He is obsessed with computers and video games. It is my leverage for stopping bad behaviors though, so I do have something to take away when needed. Ben is starting to read. He does a very good job when he isn't being lazy. But then again, it is summer, why does he need to practice reading and writing? That's how he feels about it.
Have any of you played Webkinz? My goodness, I shouldn't be talking about Ben because I am obsessed with it. I am starting to lose some interest but man that junk is fun. If you haven't tried it yet, just go on out and get yourself one. You will see why it is all the rage. And if you do get one, put me on your friend list because I like to check out other peoples houses!! That is pathetic!! Last summer it was Big Brother that put an assault on my marriage, this summer, Webkinz! Oh my!
Ben has two pets, Woody (a beagle) and Buzz (a bunny rabbit). Sam has two pets as well, Boofy (a beagle) and Ringo (a chihuahua).
So, I'm growing my hair out again for Locks of Love, which I can't wait to get it cut! It is too hot for all this hair down here in Georgia. So you can imagine how long it is, but the other morning, I'm flipped over brushing it after getting out of the shower and Sam comes underneath me like my hair is an umbrella. Then he says, (get your deep voice ready) "Mom, that sounds kind of like a frog." Where does he get this stuff? So he runs off and I continue to brush my hair and I start hearing 'ribbit, ribbit' with every stroke of the brush. He definitely has imagination going for him. I'm going to kill myself later in life if I don't start writing this stuff down. So if I have told you any of Sam's analogies, please remind me so that I can put them on paper in case maybe one day I scrapbook or something. Although this is probably as much 'scrap booking' as I'm capable of but oh well, it would be in the comments.
I am super excited for the end of July. My whole family is going to the beach courtesy of Gina and Garro. Oh how we love that! It is going to be so much fun to have all my siblings and nieces and nephews in one spot. I can't wait to see everyone. Then the week we come back from the beach, Mick's mom and sister are coming for a visit to Georgia. It is going to be such an exciting time for us and the boys. We hope that Carrie can stand the Georgia heat. Grandma is used to it by now, but Carrie may be in for a rude awakening! LOL! So we will hopefully get to post some good pictures after those two vacations.
I hate that we don't all live in the same vicinity. It is really hard on Mick being so far from his mom and family. It makes me miss mine too! I wish I could go to Zach and Max and Tucker's plays. I wish that we could live on Lake Superior and go camping with Grandma and the kids. I wish I could hold Carolina before she doesn't want to be held again and listen to Savannah sing her primary songs. Or I wish I could hear Will play the piano or Sophie and Ben ride bikes together or have Elle to babysit my kids. LOL!! I feel like we all miss out on so much to no ones certain fault but it makes me sad all the while. Whatever happened to home base? Now Aunt Beth and family have moved away and that makes me sad too. Will I get to see my cousins still? I'm not good at keeping in touch with people but I think I like to take advantage of living the place that people come "home" to. That way I always got to see my kin folks. But now with Beth gone, and Papa and Granny gone, will Hillary and Josiah come here? I hope so! Luckily Jonathan's family lives in Mobile so Corley promises that we will see them.
I didn't mean to get all melancholy but wouldn't it be nice if all of our children got the benefits of all of us collectively. Maybe one day we will all live closer. Or maybe Mick and I will stumble upon millions and build that commune that I've always dreamed of. Who is gonna milk the cows though? Not me, I did that once when we lived in Kentucky and the smell would surely make me barf!!
I hope everyone is well, we certainly are lucky in life and love, and hope you all are too!

2 comments:

Hillybug said...

Leanna, I love you for thinking the same way I do! I wish we lived closer too and I promise that I will come back to GA. My kids have to go to Callaway to swim and see the laser show at Stone Mt. I want them to do what I did growing up. Plus they have too many fun cousins to play with to never come for a visit. Your momma was my second momma and she means the world to me so expect to see my face every now and then! I love reading your blog, the boys are so grown up and handsome. Say Hi to everyone-Love you-Hill

rowdystroudy said...

Congratz on getting s vacation away with just the hubby!